Why should B2B organizations commit a growing percentage of their budget to content creation? Why should you conduct content audits and create content maps to extract the most value possible from existing content assets by repurposing them in as many ways as possible? We asked Stephanie Tilton “What are key marketing trends and predictions for 2010? What actions should marketers take in 2010?”. Stephanie Tilton is a seasoned white paper and case study writer who helps B2B companies advance the sales cycle by engaging prospects and customers.
“Establish trust in your organization by delivering relevant, valuable, and fresh content to prospects.”
Stephanie Tilton’s Marketing Prediction for 2010
In 2010, organizations will increasingly deploy marketing automation tools. Recognizing that marketing automation tools are only effective when fed sufficient content to nurture leads throughout the buying cycle, more B2B organizations will commit a growing percentage of their budget to content creation. Savvy companies will embrace the opportunity to establish their organizations as trusted advisors by delivering relevant, valuable, and fresh content to prospects. Furthermore, they’ll seize the opportunity to set themselves apart by making it easy for prospects to access and consume information specific to their role and place in the buying process.
Stephanie Tilton’s Marketing Action for 2010
In 2010, marketers should:
- Develop comprehensive buyer personas. If necessary, engage an outside firm such as Goal Centric
- Adopt the publishing model to better understand your audience and develop sufficient, relevant content for the entire buying cycle.
- Choose two or three key themes around which to develop a comprehensive content strategy for the year.
- Restructure websites around buyer personas and buying stages, and/or launch prospect-focused microsites.
- Conduct content audits and create content maps so you can extract the most value possible from existing content assets by repurposing them in as many ways as possible.
Over to you…
Get a bit of inspiration and no-nonsense marketing straight-talk from 38 other B2B marketers, e-mail marketers and social media gurus.